Saturday, August 7, 2010

Krabi Island ~ 2

Day TWO


Woke up with a hungry tummy. Headed down to the cafeteria for my complimentary breakfast. After that, a van picked me up and drop me off at the jetty together with other tourist.

We got on the speedboat and this marks the start of our tour.

I picked a spot at the very front of the speedboat so that I can get a better view. I am not sure what speed we were going at but I know it's fast. It was bumpy and windy with sea water splashing around. 
Pass by Chicken Island
We reach our first destination for snorkeling. We stopped for about 20 minutes here.For those who prefer to stay dry waited on the boat and fed the fishes with white bread. 

Love this view
Pretty fish







We continue on and stopped for a brief visit at some caves (sorry, i forgot the name) and were told that the caves here were inhabited by pirates a long time ago. 
Here we passed by a famous spot where Leonardo did a shooting for one of his film. 
Maya Bay
We stopped for about an hour in Maya Bay. There were a lot of tourist here. Felt like I was in Tanjung Bungah. Kid running around, splashing around. I picked a spot and sat there admiring the view with the disturbance of others. 
Spicy but tasty
My mates from the same speed boat
Long tail boats
We proceed to another island nearby for lunch. The tour does include lunch but don't expect something fancy and if one can't take spicy food, there are shops on the island that sell breads and some non-spicy food. After lunch, I strolled for a while and notice there were a few shops operated by foreigners on Deep Sea Diving certification. The pricing sure is much lower compared to those back at home.  
White sands and green trees all around.
Shame, some tourist doesn't know how to read.
This does worried me for a while :P
Our last stop, Bamboo Island. I didn't really understand why it was given that name since I do not see any bamboos on the island. Is it because the only color that one see here is green? But it was a great spot to relax by walking further into the island, away from the beach. A spot under the tree, ........ I doze off and was awaken by my guide that we are to leave.

Looking over ocean, I saw a storm brewing up. The storm came before we reach mainland, too bad I couldn't take any pictures (damn, if only I had a water proof camera). Since I picked the spot at the very front from the very start of the tour, I do not have a roof to cover me from the rain. The view and experience with the rain was something extraordinary.

Wet and tired by the time I reached my hotel, washed up and took a rest. . . .ZZZZzZZzzzZZZzzz




2 comments:

  1. hope to go krabi island one day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Air Asia promo starting tonight (midnight). . :)

    It's a nice island. . . plenty of adventures. . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails